Seal Team 69
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official website for the Socom clan Seal Team 69.

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MW2 killed my PS3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake8323
S69 Officer
Jake8323

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Or so i think, If I'm not back on by tomorrow then the above statement is true.

My system just turned off. When i try to turn it back on it goes red light, green light, then the green light blinks followed by a yellow light then the system just blinks red continually!

If its fried i doubt I am under warranty since I've had the system for 3 years. I'm not one to replace something when it breaks since it will probably do it again. So with all this being said, I might just be done with consoles and moving back to the computer for games. Which also sucks since that means 1. I cant play with you guys anymore and 2. i will have to put replace my awesome free Linux for windows :-/

today is a really shitty day!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jakeamey
Jake8323
S69 Officer
Jake8323

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Ok just confirmed it. My PS3 just experienced a complete hardware failure. Which for none IT peeps it means its done for good!!

Ive decided that I cant not play games with you guys so im going to dish out the 300 bucks for the ps3 slim. Good luck to all of you who are playing mw2 and have the original 60 gig like me.

Well im going to shower then try to find a ps3 available at a game stop or something.

Hey can I put my old hard drive in and still have all of my saved info or am I starting over with everything?
Back to top Go down
Jake8323
S69 Officer
Jake8323

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:43 pm

LOL, just pulled my PS3 apart to get my MW2 disc out. There is alot of shit in there!!!

got it out with out a scratch on it though :-)

should be back online in a few hours when my roommate comes home with the car.
Back to top Go down
Jake8323
S69 Officer
Jake8323

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 7:13 pm

I gave in, got a new PS3 Slim. I love spending money on things I already have Its the best!!
Back to top Go down
BusaoN1
S69 Enlisted
BusaoN1

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:52 am

I just got my son a PS3 slim for his B-day last week. That's why i sent my ps3 too Sony. Now he is part of the Dark Side lol.
Back to top Go down
l-eXo-l

l-eXo-l

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 8:29 am

Jake8323 wrote:
Ok just confirmed it. My PS3 just experienced a complete hardware failure. Which for none IT peeps it means its done for good!!

Ive decided that I cant not play games with you guys so im going to dish out the 300 bucks for the ps3 slim. Good luck to all of you who are playing mw2 and have the original 60 gig like me.

Well im going to shower then try to find a ps3 available at a game stop or something.

Hey can I put my old hard drive in and still have all of my saved info or am I starting over with everything?

dude i have a day 1 60gb ps3. im worried as hell cuz i play mw2 about 15 hours a day lol. id have to wait until Christmas because im a moneyless 17 year old child
Back to top Go down
Jake8323
S69 Officer
Jake8323

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Just baby it, make sure the thing is ventilated and as cool as it can be. I did some reading up on it and I guess what happens is the system gets to hot and some part inside thats soddered gets disconnected and that kills the system. You could actually pull the system apart if it happens and re-sodder the part. you will have to keep doing it every few months though. Theres a step by step video on you tube. Just search PS3 yellow light of death.

From what I can tell its not MW2 doing it per say.The new games that are coming out just require a little more juice then what the older PS3s can handle. So thats why Busas went on drakes fortune and mine on MW2. Either way id say it may not happen to yours now but it is inevitable that it will happen... just a question of when really. So I would ask for a newer PS3 come christmas and save the 60n gig. The new ones especially the slims do not have half the features of the original.
Back to top Go down
BusaoN1
S69 Enlisted
BusaoN1

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:41 pm

That's what i'm doing, Getting a slim first of the year. I love my 4- USB's Slots. I have three guys on my XMB that have 60&80 Gig that went around the Same time as mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MW2 killed my PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 killed my PS3   MW2 killed my PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MW2 killed my PS3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seal Team 69 :: Call of Duty Series-
Jump to: